We get it often... Wednesday rolls around and it feels like it should be Thursday. Two more days instead of one until the weekend is a lot to come to terms with. You've eaten all of your good groceries from your weekend prep shopping and all you have left is oatmeal. All you want to do is sleep in past 8am and drink your coffee in bed. We get it. Here's what we do to get our midweek groove back because Thursday & Friday are just as important as Monday & Tuesday, ya?
1. Wake up 20 minutes earlier than usual and enjoy your coffee in bed. We like to catch up on favorite magazines & blogs & pretend it's Saturday. It's a calming way to start the day.
2. Play your favorite tunes while getting ready. This is a weekend morning ritual, but why not do it during the week too? Monday to Friday we listen to the news while getting dressed, but it's nice to change it up midweek.
3. Meditate before bed. Often times our worries & daily stresses wake us up in the middle of the night (or prevent us from falling asleep in the first place)& interrupt our much needed deep sleep. Meditating and clearing our heads, focusing on our breathing, focusing on connecting with our body, can help to set us up for a good night's sleep. We need to be getting at least 8 hours of uninterrupted bliss!
4. Light some candles & enjoy your favorite wine. We usually save the good bottles (good being over $12 at Trader Joe's Wine Shop) for the weekends, but when we're feeling like we're in a slump, we crack open a nice Malbec midweek and have a few glasses. Nothing says get me to the weekend like 3-4 glasses of a nice Malbec, ya dig?
5. Get yourself some fresh flowers. Nothing makes a morning happier for us than rolling over to snooze the alarm and having a giant vase of sweet smelling flowers smiling at us.